Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Resin madness





Now and then girls just want to have fun. This weekend I went to the annual Memorial Day sale at my favorite bead shop, Bead Station in Lake Forest. See http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bead-Station/149918781717905. Among the many things that drew my eye were these resin pieces: leaves, flowers, globes and flat disks. I added some spacer beads and other components from my “stash,” and voilá! A totally irreverent combo with necklace, earrings, and a bracelet (not shown).

What’s not shown is my other craft project – I’ll get to that in a few days. I also experimented with fabric dyes on a beautiful silk scarf I bought from Dharma Trading Company (http://www.dharmatrading.com/) – along with many of the Jacquard Acid Dyes. It was actually easy once I got the hang of the process. I want to add some fringes and small embroidery to it. Promise a picture next week!

All you other craft-obsessed people: how do you combine your many skills? For example ceramics and beading, metal work and glass, knitting and embroidery?

No comments:

Post a Comment